Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
Chair: Gloria Johnson
2016 "Aspiring Arbitrator Academy"
Co-sponsored by American Arbitration Association (AAA) and the National Bar Association ADR Section
The American Arbitration Association (AAA) will conduct a three hour program for NBA ADR members on Thursday, July 21st from 11:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. at the Marriott Grand Hotel; focusing on obtaining membership on a AAA National Panel. The program will provide critical practice skills, inter-active exercises, discussions and lectures. Most importantly, seminar participants will get a personal review/ critique of their resumes to help facilitate an invitation to serve on a national panel. Membership on the AAA panel is by Invitation Only. Participants must pre-register, prepare and submit a compliant resume in advance, so that the trainers can critique them. We are pleased to announce that our dynamic expert presenters include:
Harold Coleman, AAA Senior Vice President
Sasha Carbone, AAA Associate General Counsel
In order to attend you must pre-register by completing the following:
- Draft a compliant resume specific for the panel you wish to join; demonstrating that you meet the requisite criteria for that panel. (Click on Qualifications Criteria below) to tailor your resume for, Labor, Commercial, Mediation, etc.
- Submit your resume by July 11, 2016 to GJLAW75@aol.com
- Submit a cover letter indicating what AAA panel(s) you wish to join. For example:
- Labor Arbitration Panel
- Employment Arbitration Panel
- Commercial Panel
- Construction / Real Estate Arbitration Panel
- Construction Mediation Panel
- National Mediation Panel
- Provide proof of payment of NBA convention registration fee and the $35 ADR Section membership fee.
- Read the Qualification Criteria before attending the session on July 21 and be prepared to discuss your resume in light of the AAA criteria and receive constructive suggestions from AAA executives on how to improve your (pre-screened) resume in order to obtain an invitation to join a national AAA panel.
Join the ADR Section! We look forward to seeing you in St. Louis!
>> VIEW AAA MISSION AND VISION <<
AAA National Roster of Arbitrators Qualification Criteria | AAA National Roster of Mediators Qualification Criteria | Labor Panel Qualification Criteria | Employment Arbitrators Qualification Criteria | Construction Arbitrators Qualification Criteria | Construction Complex-Case Arbitrators Qualification Criteria | Construction Mediators Qualification Criteria