- National Bar Association Applauds Confirmation of Richard F. Boulware as a Judge on the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- National Bar Association Announces Top Trailblazers Under 40
- National Bar Association Announces 2014 Maynard Jackson Legacy Awardee
- National Bar Association Applauds Confirmation of Darrin P. Gayles to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- National Bar Association Announces 2014 Hall of Fame Inductees
- NBA President Patricia Rosier Calls for 5,000 Attorneys to Participate in Historic 50th Anniversary of March on Washington
Patricia began her journey in the Association by joining the Government Lawyers Division, since she was at that time Staff Attorney for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as the Women Lawyers Division. When she became Assistant General Counsel for American General Life Insurance Company, she joined the Institutional/Corporate Law Section. Subsequently, Patricia became Chair of this Section and became a Member of the NBA Board of Governors after becoming General Counsel for American General Securities, Inc.
She was elected and served as NBA Vice-President for two consecutive terms (4 years). In addition to her other leadership roles in the NBA, Patricia has served as Chair or member of every major NBA committee including: Administration and Facilities, Convention (3 terms), Gertrude Rush, Inaugural, Wiley Branton, International Meeting (5 terms), Phase II Meeting (9 terms), Crump Law Camp, and Nominations. Patricia has received numerous NBA Presidential Awards, the Scroll of Distinguished Women (Women Lawyers Division), as well as the C.Francis Stradford Award, which is the highest award given by the National Bar Association.
Her past/present professional affiliations include: the American Bar Association, Washington Bar Association (Former Vice-President), GWAC, J. Franklyn Bourne Bar Association, Monumental City Bar Association, Alliance of Black Women Attorneys, Houston Lawyers Association, Langston Bar Association, Black Women Lawyers Bar Association, and the Sam Carey Bar Association. She was recently inducted into the 2012 Washington Bar Association’s Hall of Fame.
Ms. Rosier is also actively involved with other organizations such as: Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, The Links, Incorporated, Leadership Greater Washington, Jack and Jill of America, Incorporated, and The Society, Inc.
Although a native of Texas, she currently resides in Maryland. Ms. Rosier has three children and one grandson. In addition to her legal career, she is a certified life coach, motivational speaker, golfer, author, and collector of vintage movies. She and her husband, Michael, are the first married couple to have held the positions of President and President-elect in the history of the National Bar Association.