- National Bar Association Applauds Confirmation of Richard F. Boulware as a Judge on the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- National Bar Association Announces Top Trailblazers Under 40
- National Bar Association Announces 2014 Maynard Jackson Legacy Awardee
- National Bar Association Applauds Confirmation of Darrin P. Gayles to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- National Bar Association Announces 2014 Hall of Fame Inductees
- NBA President Patricia Rosier Calls for 5,000 Attorneys to Participate in Historic 50th Anniversary of March on Washington
National Bar Association Announces 2014 Maynard Jackson Legacy Awardee
WASHINGTON, DC -- The National Bar Association announced today the 2014 Maynard Jackson Legacy Awardee, Justin G. Tanner.
Justin G. Tanner currently serves as an appointee in the Obama Administration at the U.S. Small Business Administration, where he works to assist thousands of small businesses throughout the country with various government contracting and business development initiatives.
"Mr. Tanner has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to the City of Atlanta and embodies the leadership, spirit, dedication, tenacity and vision of the late Maynard Holbrook Jackson. We are honored to recognize him with the Maynard Jackson Legacy Award" said National Bar President, Patricia Rosier.
Civically, Justin is very passionate about the community and has a heart for service. He spends his spare time mentoring youth, working with non-profits, and speaking to others. In the past, he has participated as a mentor for the ATL Reads, Inc. program – helping to develop literacy skills and to the inner-workings of the Atlanta Mayor’s Office by coordinating Boys Speak Out, Inc.'s annual “Mayor for a Day” program. He has served on the Board for The Scholarship Academy, Inc., and also served as an Advisory Board member of Boys Speak Out, Inc. and Covenant Community, Inc. He also currently serves as an Ambassador for New Leaders Council (NLC)'s National Strategic Advisory Board.
Mr. Tanner holds a J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School where he was President of the Entertainment & Sports Law Society (ESLS) and a B.B.A. in Marketing from Howard University, where he graduated magna cum laude. While matriculating at Howard, he participated in the School of Business’ Executive Leadership Honors Program. He also became a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Alpha Chapter. He is currently a member of Cascade United Methodist Church in Southwest, Atlanta.
Mr. Tanner will be honored during the National Bar Association's Trailblazers Under 40 gala during the 89th Annual Convention in Atlanta.