- National Bar Association Applauds Confirmation of Richard F. Boulware as a Judge on the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- National Bar Association Announces Top Trailblazers Under 40
- National Bar Association Announces 2014 Maynard Jackson Legacy Awardee
- National Bar Association Applauds Confirmation of Darrin P. Gayles to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- National Bar Association Announces 2014 Hall of Fame Inductees
- NBA President Patricia Rosier Calls for 5,000 Attorneys to Participate in Historic 50th Anniversary of March on Washington
National Bar Association Applauds Confirmation of Darrin P. Gayles to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
WASHINGTON, DC — The National Bar Association applauds the 98-0 U.S. Senate confirmation vote of the Honorable Judge Darrin Gayles to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
"Throughout his career, Judge Gayles has demonstrated an unequivocal commitment to public service," stated Patricia Rosier, President of The National Bar Association. "We thank President Obama for his nomination and proud that Judge Gayles is an active member of our Judicial Council," said Rosier.
Judge Gayles has served as a Circuit Judge in the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida since 2011 and prior to this appointment, he served as a County Judge in the same Circuit. He has served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, and as an Assistant District Counsel at the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service.
He began his legal career as an Assistant State Attorney in the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office in 1993. Judge Gayles received his Juris Doctorate from George Washington University Law School and his Bachelor of Arts from Howard University. The Judge earned the endorsement of the National Bar Association on April 1, 2014.
We thank President Obama, Senate Majority Leader, Senator Harry Reid (D-NV), Senate Judiciary Chairman, Patrick Leahy (D-VT), Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) and Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and are grateful for their outstanding bipartisan leadership in supporting Mr. Gayles' historic confirmation.